Monday, October 15, 2007

Rain, Rain go away

We have been having a ton of rain here lately. I wish it would quit! My dad is trying to get his crops out of his fields, and this is holding up the process. I want my house done and it is holding that up too. We haven't had a chance to get to the pumpkin patch yet because of the rain. I hope we are able to get there next weekend, the girls are so excited about it. Rain aside, everything is ok.

I have been in declutter mode, I wish I could avoid it before it happened to begin with. I think we have our paint colors picked out for the kitchen and hallways. We know how we want our ceramic tile done in the kitchen. One of our good friends lays tile and does a marvelous job, so he is going to help Brad out. I want mosaics and what not as well. He recently tiled his kitchen and dining room and it is to die for! So pretty. That will be a job for this winter I hope. Did I mention how much I hate my kitchen floor right now? lol All in time. I think we have given up hope on Brad's brothers helping anymore on the siding and will be hiring someone to help, along with my dad, brother, sister, Brad and our friends. Hopefully it will get nice enough to get this done real soon.

We did have some excitement when Brad's brothers were here two weeks ago to help with the new doors. One of his brothers leaned the new door up against the door frame as he went to grab something. I was loading the dishwasher as I hear a huge crash. You can guess what happened. The wind grabbed that door and sent it down our cement steps. Oh my, it broke the glass out of the door and messed up the new door and frame, as you can imagine. We had another door just like it, but a different size for the back door. I had to drive over an hour to go pick up a new door with Jacob. The guys kept working on the back door while I was gone. How expensive of a mistake! Oh well, it is done now. Brad and his friend ended up redoing that door frame anyway. Now Brad just has to get the new garage door up and I think the back door to the garage needs to be put in as well. Seems like he is always busy with something around here.

I do need to ask for some prayers for one of Brad's best friends. There was an accident at guards this weekend and this friend was involved. He was hurt pretty bad, and will have to deal with the healing process for another 2 months before they have any idea the total outcome of this. We are pretty close with this guy and his family, they have a daughter who is 3 months younger than Gracie. We are together most weekends, and he has been helping Brad with the house stuff, he is always willing to lend a hand. He is just a great overall guy. He had surgery yesterday, and I will give a better update later. I think they are stopping over today after they see another specialist, so I will know more then. I have been praying for a quick great recovery and to make his pain bearable. Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you guys have been super busy with everything on the house. It also sounds like it's going to be completely beautiful when it's done.

I will keep the friend in my prayers!

Glo said...

Rain Rain here too. Say we might have some flooding.
Do you hire out on decluttering???? boy do I need to do that.
Sorry there some hold up on you house.It will get there and then you can look back and laugh.hope you taking pics of all this.
Sounds like it will be just beautiful. Can hardly wait to see Pictures.
Have a great week.

kbug said...

Sounds like you guys have been really busy lately...but it's all good...he's home..... :)