Monday, July 17, 2006

Just got a call from Brad

I was doing my thing here at home, getting ready to do some cleaning and such and the phone rings. I answer it and it was Brad. He wasn't supposed to be calling yet, so I was wondering what was going on. He tells me that he is calling to say he is OK, he just wanted to let me know that. Ok... I watched Baghdad ER when that was aired and this all came crashing down on me right then. I asked what happened... He says well I guess I earned a Purple Heart today. A mortar round landed outside his room and shrapnel came through the walls. He got a piece of shrapnel in his chest, that is all, thank goodness! He said he pulled the shrapnel out and had his cut checked out. I am so happy he is ok! His guardian angel sure has been pulling some overtime lately! Thank you God! The down side (besides getting hurt) is that he said that parts of his his room looks like swiss cheese and some of his stuff is ruined.(tv, xbox, microwave). He wasn't sure if his laptop survived the attack yet or not. He wasn't sure where he was going to sleep tonight even. With as bad as all that sounds I am so thankful the prayers are being heard. Thank you so much! Take care of you Bradley, we love you tons! I am praying constantly for your safety.

6 comments:

Call Me Grandma said...

Yes indeed...Thank God. I am so glad to hear all is well.

Charla said...

Oh my gosh hun, yes he does have a guardian angel watching over him! I'm so glad he's ok! THANK YOU, GOD!!!!!

My gosh, I can't even imagine!! I hope and pray that our guys can all come home soon! Please know that I'm here if you ever need to talk! We're all in this together, remember that!!

((BIG HUGS)) to you and continued prayers for safety for Brad!!

Charla

Anonymous said...

Thank you, God, for protecting Brad.

Angel of God my Guardian dear, to whom God's love commits me here, Ever this day be at Brad's side to light to guard to rule to guide. Amen. (Prayer I learned as a child)

Michelle said...

Wow, thank God that He takes care of His children! I know you must have been out of your mind. You will all be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.