Today was a whirlwind. I am guessing with all of the stress yesterday and all the stuff I had to do today, things just went by so fast. Hey, it is another day less until Brad is home. Yesterday and today I have received many phone calls from different people. I have had a lot of the "military" people calling to see how I am doing, battallian comander, a couple chaplains, family support people. It seems like I would hang up with one person and someone else would be beeping in or my cell would ring. Then you add family and friends who have heard, and wanted to see how Brad and I were doing. It is great to know so many people care! Brad's work sent out an email so no one would worry more than needed, as rumors spread quite quickly. When Brad called to tell me yesterday that he had gotten hurt, he had asked if I had heard it from anyone else yet. I guess someone made a call out on their cell phone to home and told the news or something. I am very thankful I heard it from Brad first! Brad was going to stay in his room to sleep tonight as he had gotten his area cleaned up pretty good he said. He told me he needed to make a trip to the PX though to get a few things, one of the things would be new pillows. His pillows have shrapnel in them I guess. Not too comfy I wouldn't think!
Today I had to explain to Brooke that daddy got hurt. I wasn't even going to tell her, but I guess she had overheard some phone calls today. I tired to explain that daddy was going to be ok, that he just got a cut on his chest. Brooke is our sensitive child and was very upset about her daddy getting hurt. She asked if her daddy was bleeding, and I explained that it was already healing and daddy was not bleeding anymore. I think she feels better about it now. Gracie wanted to send daddy spongebob band aids, how cute would that be? Hopefully he will have some time to use the webcams tomorrow so the girls can see him and then they will be ok.
It is almost 3am and Brooke has school in the morning... I better try to get some sleep. Have a good day Bradley and I love you tons! Take care of you always!
Thanks for the great comments! It is good to know others are praying for his safety too!
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Yes, it really makes you feel good to know so many care.
Keep Brad and you all in my prayers.
I'm so glad that there are people around you to show you support. I hope that the kids get to see their daddy soon, so they can know for sure that he's ok (and you too). You're all in my prayers.
I'm so glad everything is ok! Kids have the best ideas don't they, I'm sure he would be proud to wear the spongebob bandaids!! That's so sweet! :) Take care!
Charla
Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»
Post a Comment