Monday, July 07, 2008

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! We spent the day at home relaxing then went for dinner and fireworks at my sister's house. The town where she lives was celebrating their 125th anniversary, so things were busy there. They had the best fireworks show I have ever seen. I was wondering if it was going to ever end. Other than that, we just seem to be busy a lot. We had Jacob's 1st birthday party and had family and friends over for that. Brad has been getting some stuff done around the house for me. I LOVE it! I now have a red front door and he has been doing some landscaping. We have a lot more to do, as we had cut some bushes down this spring and need to get that done now. While Brad was gone at his two week training, my dad came over and helped me put in a garden. Brad and I had bought 32 tomato plants before he left. Too funny, but we all love tomatoes here, Brooke will eat them like apples if we let her. I have asked my mom to help me can tomatoes this year. I can't wait to have my own stuff put up for the winter this year. Nothing is better than canned tomatoes in soups and such. We also planted a total of five rows of sweet corn, so we will be freezing a lot of that too. We also planted cucumbers, radishes, squash, green peppers and watermelon and cantaloupe. If everything keeps growing as well as it has been, we should have a pretty good turn out.

Brooke did really good at golf lessons this year, she really seems to like it. The girls just started swimming lessons, and seem to be really excited about it. Jacob has been getting into everything and making us smile with his antics. He seems to say a new word everyday. Hopefully I can get some pics posted soon, the motherboard went bad in the laptop and so I need to load the software for my digi rebel on another pc to download pics again. I have been shopping for a new laptop for me, so hopefully I can decide soon.

No comments: