Thursday, May 22, 2008

It has been forever since I have updated anything here. Life has been so busy. Grace had Preschool Graduation last week, so she is done until this Fall. Today is Brooke's last day of school as well. It is hard to believe I will have a 1st grader this Fall. Brooke has been doing so good in soccer, her coach is very impressed. This last weekend he came running up to our car after the game and was telling Brad he had to tell Brooke how great she did with all her goals and what not. Brad was beaming. I love to see his pride for his babies. We tried to talk Brooke into trying basketball this summer and she refused. She told us she lives for soccer and golf and that is what she is going to do. I did sneak some swimming lessons in for both girls.

We had a rummage sale and sold our baby stuff that I wasn't going to save for my brother and sister to use someday. I started with about 17 totes of baby/toddler clothes and sold tons. It is nice to not have so many totes stacked in my soon to be scrapbook room. I am looking forward to having a few weeks of nothing planned around here. Brad has AT coming up quickly, so the kids and I will be alone for a couple of weeks. The beginning of June the girls have a day camp for a week, otherwise we are all looking forward to sleeping in.

One of the other reasons I haven't written much is I lost a friend to cancer on April 29. She passed away on her wedding anniversary. Katie had 3 kids, all the same ages as mine. Her daughters are 6 and 4 and she had a son, also named Jacob a few weeks after I had my Jacob. Katie was diagnosed with colon cancer and died 7 short weeks later. It is still so hard to believe, but she had a faith in God, like I have never seen before. She said that God had plans for her and she would be healed one way or another. Katie will be missed.


Is it just me, or does it seem like cancer is everywhere these days? It seems to be attacking younger people all the time now. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention before? I have no idea. Adrienne starts her next phase of treatment after Memorial day. Please keep her in your prayers. I have heard It will be a tough one.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. It does seem like cancer is more rampant these days but it could be that we just didn't pay attention when we were younger. I will be praying for Adrienne.

kbug said...

I lost a friend many years ago to cancer. She was a young mother as well, with a 1-year old at home when she died...her first. Her loss was heartbreaking for her husband and for all of us who were her friends. My prayers go out to your friend's family and to you.

Call Me Grandma said...

Prayers going out to you and your friends.
Yes, cancer is everywhere. I pray that someday the researchers find a cure for this terrible disease.

ABW said...

I'm sorry about your loss. My friend Heather passed away from colon cancer at the age of 30. She had two small children. It's hard.