Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yesterday was a good day. We were able to get everything Brad and Brooke needed for their sports and a few things the kids needed for spring. Brad and I took Jacob with us, he is quite a handful for other people and cries alot for some reason. We dropped Grace off at my mom's and then she drove here to pick Brooke up from school and kept both girls until we got back. I love my mom, she does a lot for us, and the girls sure love to spend time with her. We haven't had any us time for quite some time, but this week we will have a date night. Thursday we are going to see Larry the Cable Guy with a couple of other couples. We got tickets right when they went on sale and ended up with 3rd row seats. It should be fun. Then Friday is family night and we are going to the circus with my brother and sister and her husband. We do this every year and we all have a good time. We have really good seats for this as well. It is nice to know that you have reserved seats and don't have to get there super early to be able to get a decent seat. Then next Thursday we are going to another comedy act. It will be a busy time, but we all need to take advantage of the time we have before Brad leaves us again. ACK.

I am tired, I should go to bed, it seems so hard to get uninterrupted sleep lately though. If the kids are not needing something, I can't get comfortable. I also have a lot on my mind, and I can't seem to shut off my thoughts. Brad is playing one of his war games with his online friends. It sounds like a war is going on in my basement with a whole group of people down there. It is a good way for him to get away and have his alone time I guess. We have recently transitioned Jacob out of our room and into his. I think it was harder on me than him though. It is so hard for me to not have the kids close while I sleep. I worry about fires and not being able to get to them. Seems crazy, but it comes from experience I guess. When I was younger (7th or 8th grade) our home started on fire and I was up in my room. I had to run through flames at the base of the steps to get my sister out of the living room and out of the house. I think it is hard for me to get past that. yuck. That is why when we were looking at houses, I had to have all the bedrooms together in the same part of the house. All of our bedrooms are in a line across the back of our home. I am rambling now, so I am definately going to get another load of laundry in and then get to bed. Have a great Sunday everyone!

3 comments:

Call Me Grandma said...

You're a good mom Monica.

I feel for you. I am praying that Dan does not ever have to go back to the sand. I have to worry until Sept. Then stop loss is over. I don't think Dan would mind going but I sure would.

Glo said...

Sounds like you guys are going to get out and have some fun. Hope you have a wonderful date. Get some rest. I haven't been sleeping well...but I blame it on day getting longer and then I also wake up with the chickens....and that I'm getting excited about going to meet Courtney and her family.

Michelle said...

Well I don't blame you for worrying about fires and such. I have the same thoughts, only I haven't been through anything like you did, so at least you have a valid reason for your thoughts! It sounds like you will be busy, but sounds like a lot of fun.