Happy Thanksgiving week. haha! Our weekend went too quickly and we didn't get everything we wanted to do done. Isn't that the way it usually goes? Saturday we had Thanksgiving with my dad's side. We came home and spent the evening with some friends who were in town. Sunday I was trying to get a lot of my stuff done and get lunch ready for everyone before I had to leave. It was a lot of busy work, but well worth it. I left Brad with the kids for 4 hours while I did Christmas shopping with the FRG ladies for our casino night and also for the kids Christmas get together. We had quite a bit of extra money we needed to get rid of, so we spent a ton on prizes and what not. It gets quite complicated as to how and what we can spend the FRG money on. We just have a couple of things left to find. The Wii is going to be a hard one I think. It took us forever to find the one we have at home and it wasn't Christmas shopping season. Hopefully we can find it soon.
Brad and I are going shopping on Black Friday. We are going to get a room Thanksgiving night to help with our wakeup time on Friday. (We would be driving 90 minutes just to get to where we are shopping otherwise.) We have some friends who are doing the same thing. It should be fun, and the girls are excited about having a sleepover with Grandma, so we all win. Gymboree is going to be having some great deals, so I can't wait! Last night I was hanging some of Jacob's clothes up to dry (I hang dry almost all of the kid's clothes) and Brad walked in and about freaked out because Jacob's closet isn't nearly as full as it was when he was born. Babies grow too quickly! It makes me sad to see my favorite outfits being outgrown. I often buy the same outfits in many sizes if I really like them. Does anyone else do this? I think it is my hobby. Too funny!
I will get some pictures taken of the house after Brad gets some of the little stuff done. (lights and such)
One of these days we will have to talk PTSD. I am curious who else is dealing with this. It is a part of our lives everyday. Hugs to anyone else who is dealing with this, it is so hard.
I have so much to be thankful for, especially having my husband home. I am very thankful for my babies and my family also. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving week to you too..... :) I'm glad the house is about done and can't wait to see pictures. I'm sorry to hear that Brad is dealing PTSD. It does seem to manifest itself in some of our returning soldiers. A friend had it when he returned, but is doing much better now. One of the keys seems to be talking about it...alot. Some Soldiers Mom would be a good person to get info from, her son is dealing with PTSD. I have a link to her blog on mine. You and Brad are in my prayers.
Have fun with you shopping trip. Sounds like fun.
Happy Turkey Day.
I know you have a lot to be Thankful for.
How did your shopping trip go???
I hope you were able to find some great deals on Friday. Sounds like you were definitely busy last week. Hopefully you had a great Thanksgiving!
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving & found lots of good deals shopping=)
Post a Comment