Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I had a few things to blog about, but have since lost all of my not so important thoughts. My friend Billie, who just had the baby 5 weeks ago, has been going through a nightmare with her other daughter. I have spent the last few days in a blur. I was at a Children's hospital with her and her family all day yesterday. Billie's four year old daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia yesterday. Please say a prayer for Adrienne. She has a very tough journey to travel. We are trying to be very positive about all of this, even though it is so very hard to think positive when you are given news like this.

She is having a central line put in this morning and chemo will start shortly there after. While she is asleep from the surgery to put in the central line she will get a spinal tap and they will put chemo drugs in her spinal fluid. The doctor said it is a strong possibility that the cancer is in her brain or spinal fluid, so they are going at this agressively. When the doctor took some bone marrow yesterday, the proceedure took a lot longer than they expected. I guess it usually takes 15-20 seconds to get the teaspoon of marrow, but it took them over 20 minutes yesterday.. When the doctor gave us the results, he said Adrienne's marrow is 90% leukemia right now. Yesterday Adreienne was holding baby Ryleigh and kissing her forehead and telling her what a special baby she was and how much she loved her. I tell you, it was all I had to not break down in tears. All I kept thinking is all of the what ifs about the future. The doctor also told us yesterday that all of these drugs used to try to save Adrienne can have lasting effects. They talked about brain damage and learning problems. We are praying that that will be minimal, if at all.

I still can't believe this is happening. The doctor kept saying this is curable, so we are praying for that. Please keep Adrienne in your prayers, this little girl has some tough times ahead of her.

2 comments:

Glo said...

Oh Moncia please tell Billie that we are praying for Adrienne and her family. How old is she? If it Ok I'd like to put her on some prayer lists. We had people from all over praying for Brandi' so we do know the power of prayer. I wish I could do more.Give them both a big {{HUG}} and may God bless them.
PRAYING .....P.U.S.H.
"Pray Until Something Happens"
Please let me know if it ok to put Adrienne on other prayer list.
Love ,Glo

Courtney said...

I will be praying for sure! Please please let your friend know ok. May God please bless this poor baby girl & her family. No child should ever have to go through so much ever! Remember miracles happen every day♥