Thursday, September 20, 2007






A few new pictures of my little ones. Jacob is getting so big! At his 2 month appointment he was 16lbs 15oz and 25 inches long. I am going to have to dig out the girls' baby books. I am sure he has them beat! The colicky stuff is getting better and his smiles make us all swoon. Nothing beats the smiles he gives when he wakes up and sees me walking to pick him up. This is the mommy stuff I live for. The girls are still very much in his face always, it's a good thing he loves it. They are very helpfl, I am thankful for that. Brooke is so good with him when we are in the car or what not and he starts getting fussy. She sure picked up all the tricks of Jacob fast! Brooke is doing great in school and making lots of new friends. I love hearing her stories about what she is learning and about her interactions with her friends. Her 6th birthday is coming up, I think I may cry. Where has the time gone? We are trying to decide what to do for her birthday this year. She has many ideas of her own, we will see. Grace is liking her time alone during the day, but misses Brooke something crazy. I think we made the right decision on keeping her home this year and sending her to preschool next year. We wanted her to have some alone time to be her own person and then I could spend some time with her. She is definately our spit fire. Some of the things she says we have to do double takes with. If Brad says something he shouldn't, she definately lets him know. Too funny!

Our house still isn't finished. That is our to do list before it gets too cold. Brad's brother's all of a sudden didn't have time to help Brad. I won't say anymore, but hopefully they will have time soon. We did buy all new doors for the house and garage. Ouch. This stuff all adds up so fast! I love our front door though, it is so pretty. I am trying to decide what color to paint our front door. Our siding is a sage color and our trim and sofit is a tan color. I don't remember all the fancy color names, but that is the just of it. I was thinking a deep red for our door, I am not sure. Any suggestions?

Hopefully it won't be a month before I update again. Hope everyone is doing great! Michelle~ I can't wait to find out what you are having! So exciting. Charla~ You are looking great girl! Courtney~ I am so jealous of your beach vacations! Glo~ Keep smiling, I think of you often!

9 comments:

Glo said...

Can't believe how big Jacob is getting.I was just on Carolyn's blog aka talk to grams.She was also talking about her Children (lots older) She took this off another blog,but it is so true."The Day are long but the Years are Short".
Tell Brooke "Happy Birthday". She looks like a very sweet little gal.
Does Grace help you with Jacob? I bet she does miss Brooke.
As for your door color....we have slivery mist siding(Lt gray/green w/white trim,so I painted our door moss green(deep gray green) Red for your door sounds nice. My Aunt has almost to same color house and her door is red. Looks great.

Hope you and your family have a great and blessed week. Your so blessed already.

Michelle said...

Jacob is getting so big! I can't believe it's been two months already. Sounds like everything is going good though and I'm so happy for that. I think a red door would be pretty. Our's is a light green and I think it's so cute.

Charla said...

Awwww, thank you Monica....you're so sweet!!!

The girls are right..it's just amazing how fast Jacob is growing! He's just adorable..all those little chunky rolls..lol..too cute!!! The girls look like they're just so proud of him!! :) Hunter's birthday is this Sunday...I was working on plans for it the other day and almost started crying!! LOL I'm just in shock that he's 2 already!! I've been so baby hungry again here lately it's not even funny! Everyone is having babies and it's just really hitting me that my baby days are over!!! :( Michelle told me I should just start babysitting!! LOL Maybe!!!

Anyway, I hope things get a move for ya on your house projects!! I know all too well how fast the prices add up!! OMG it's unreal nowdays!! I think red would be really pretty for your door too! Bright and cheerful!!! :) Don't forget to show us pictures when you're done!! LOL

Keep smilin' girl!!! Hope everything keeps going well for you and your family!!!

((BIG HUGS))
Charla

Glo said...

How the house coming along? Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness he's adorable & getting so big. He's almost as big as the girls LOL! He's too cute Monica. Hope you have a great weekend & good luck with the house. I agree with Charla red is more cheerful.

Glo said...

Monica you have an award waiting for you on my blog....come on by and pick it up.

Glo said...

Just stopped by to say Hi and see how the house is coming and say miss you.

Glo said...

Ok which one is Brad?????

Glo said...

That's cool.Glad I put it on. Small world.