My babies!
Time goes fast when you are tired and healing. LOL! Jacob is growing and eating all the time. The girls are still watching over him always. Whenever Jacob is awake. he usually has a sister on each side of him. He loves to look at them and will go from one side to the other over and over again. Jacob is a very strong little boy. He has been holding his head up since he was born. Changing his clothes is quite the challenge, as he holds his arms very tight when he wants to. Jacob prefers daddy whenever Brad is home. This works out great for me though. I have a bit to try to get caught up from the day once Brad gets home from work. I don't think Brad minds one bit either. I spend a lot of time holding Jacob, as we do not believe in letting our kids cry. It was the same way with the girls, plus this is our last baby. They grow up too fast!
Brad's sister had her baby this last weekend. She weighed 6lbs 15oz and was 20 inches long. What a difference! The two babies looked like they were 3 months apart in age instead of 3 weeks. Crazy!
Brooke starts kindergarten in less than a month. How emotional... for me! Hard to believe my first baby is going to be in school this fall. Grace is talking all about pre-school. We have been doing some school clothes shopping, how fun. It has been so hot here lately, it is hard to believe it is almost school time.
We got good news that my brother will be coming home from his deployment for good! He will be arriving in Washington at the end of the month. He hopes to be home from his demob in time to go with my Dad to Sturgis to the bike rally. We will see. He has been gone for almost three years now. He was deployed to the Hospital in Germany where the injured Soldiers from Iraq go before coming to the US. I was thankful he was out of harms way and was there while Brad's unit was deployed. My brother was able to spend some extra time with Brad's friends and "brothers" from his unit. I can't wait for him to be home to spend time with my kids. Family is huge with us, and I know the girls miss him terribly! My brother will now be able to continue on in his PA program in school. Yeah for him!
I have a small complaint. I don't know how many of you deal with this stuff also, but the media drives me crazy. Since Brad has come home from Iraq, we have done a few interviews. I realize it is all a huge topic, but when does it end? Brad has been home for awhile now, and we still have tv stations and newspapers calling and wanting to do interviews. We politely tell them no, we need to move on and live our new normal of a life. Brad does not need to relive his time in Iraq over and over. Brad does not talk about Iraq. We have a hard enough time dealing with what Iraq has done to Brad, to not want to relive it all the time and make it worse. Besides that part, we really don't want people saying "oh my they are in the paper or on tv again" Funny, but true! Oh well, my vent is done.
Hope everyone has a great blessed week!


6 comments:
Your little baby is already growing so fast! I guess kids tend to do that though lol. He's so adorable. My baby sister (7 yrs younger than me) will be 17 in two months and I can't believe it. I just don't like it.
I don't blame you for not wanting to go through interview after interview. The media just doesn't seem to get the fact that we don't need them in our faces, whether it be in person or on tv, discussing every detail of what we live.
They are adorable & my gosh he looks so big! I'm not used to big babies that soon. All mine were 6 pounds well until about 3 months then they turned into chunky monkey's LOL!
Good luck avoiding the media. I don't blame you at all though. After they got back I was so ready to put that year behind us.
Your family is beautiful.
I am so glad your brother is coming home.
I love it when I hear someone is coming home.
Dan doesn't talk about Iraq either.
I don't know if that is good or bad?
Beautiful family. Glad to hear your brother is coming home. Mike talks about some of the guys he meet while in Iraq,but never about anything else. Every now and then something will triger memories, I see tears in his eye's. I just give him a big Hug and tell him it's Ok. He talk when he's ready.
Take care my friend and enjoy your family.
Your children are really beautiful...and they do grow up too fast. I do enjoy my boys now that they're grown, but I miss some of the little boy stuff we used to do. Enjoy their young years..... :)
You haven't been on for a while. Hope everything is Ok with you guys.Thinking of you today. Miss you. It's been so hot here. 100 or more everyday.
Love & {{HUGS}}
Post a Comment