Monday, September 25, 2006

Another day closer

The girls and I are all still sick, but I think Brooke is getting better. She told me tonight that her voice was normal again, so that is a good thing I guess.Hopefully this stuff only lasts a few days then. Oh well, hopefully it will be gone by Saturday! We will have him back on Saturday! Brooke was talking to him tonight on the phone and she turns to me and puts her hand over the phone and says "Mom, Saturday!" and goes back to talking to her dad. I had to smile and hold back the tears. My baby will be five in a couple of weeks and is acting so grown up! Then once the girls passed the phone back and forth a few times they were chanting "saturday" all over at my mom's house. Too funny. I think hardest thing Brad will have to deal with is how much his girls have grown up over the last 16 months. He called while I was in the shower today so the girls were talking to him. Grace sang her abc's and Brooke talked to him about a little bit of everything. Once I got my turn to talk to him, he sounded really down, I asked what was wrong and he told me he has missed so much. He said Brooke can really carry on a conversation with him now, and he couldn't believe how Grace could sing her abc's. I just think he has a huge surprise coming when he actually sees them and can see for himself how much they have grown. I had to buy all new clothes for them this fall, as all their jeans were 3-4 inches too short. I honestly didn't think they had grown that much, but I guess I see them everyday and don't notice it as much then. I know he will be surprised. Brad is about 6'2-6'3 and the girls definately got his height. They have always been off the growth charts in their height. I think that Gracie's sassiness will have him smiling a lot. You never know what that girl is going to say.

I am now going to try to get some sleep, as it is much easier to sleep knowing Brad is ok and safe. I have to mow the lawn for the last time tomorrow. Yeah! It isn't that bad, but Brad enjoys doing it. Lots to do tomorrow, and it will be one day closer to having Brad home with us. Thanks for the comments! I can't wait to hear about every one of you going through the same stuff! Call me grandma... I have felt all of that and more, such a hard place to be.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is so wonderful! I really hope that this last week is going by quickly for you. I know he's missed a lot, but at least soon he'll be home and he won't have to miss the upcoming stuff. Good luck on getting everything done!