Sunday, September 24, 2006

Our day

Today was a good day, even though the girls and I are all sick. What timing! Hopefully we can get rid of this before next weekend. What made it a good day is that Brad is home, well in the states and SAFE! It kind of releases all these worries and stress. That feeling is so nice! The girls got to talk to their dad a couple of times today. It is so nice to see his cell phone number come up on the caller ID once again! Brad said that one of the guys who was hurt, Brian, was there to meet them when they landed in New Jersey. They were all happy to see him! Brad said he looked really good, and I bet he was happy to see all of them as well. It will be nice for them all to end this mission together. From what I hear, they will be back in South Dakota Saturday. This will be such a bittersweet time for the unit. They will all be so happy to be home and away from the danger in Iraq, but it will be hard to know they are missing the four men they lost during this mission. I cannot even imagine being the family member of one of those men. I pray for them often. I will always remember what I was doing, seeing and feeling when I got the phone calls telling me what had happened to the four that died. It will be something that I will never forget, along with the memorials and funerals for those soldiers.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

This is great news!!!! I can't imagine how you feel right now. May this week just fly right by for you. Hope you guys get feeling better real soon!
Court

Call Me Grandma said...

I really feel for the family of the 4. When they all left together I am sure that the family of those that didn't return, were praying for their safe return. It almost makes all of us that had our love come home alive...feel guilty. I don't the answer to the big question, why? but someday we will all know why. May God rest their souls, and may their families find comfort in God's eternal promise of eternal life.
You will feel such a relief. I can remember just standing somewhere and thinking, oh does this feel good not to be worrying about what or where something happened today in Iraq.

Michelle said...

Oh, that's so wonderful! I'm so happy for you guys! I really pray that this next week goes by very quickly for you so you can be reunited. YAY!!!!