Monday, August 21, 2006

Deployment Gremlins

I am glad this deployment is about over. The deployment gremlins have struck our house again. This weekend my dryer quit working. Oh joy I tell you. You never really realize how much you rely on something until you don't have it. I am going to call someone to come look at it, as I hope to be able to fix it instead of having to buy new already. Brad would like a set of the new front loading ones once we buy our new house, so I hope I can get the dryer fixed, so we can buy a set together when we find a house.

Tomorrow is the Creating Keepsakes special on QVC. I LOVE Creating Keepsakes. They have an awesome series of scrapbooks they sell on QVC. There is four in the series and I have the first two. I can't wait to get the third one. The first one is called "All About Me" and the second one is "Celebrating You" the third is "Family Favorites" and the fourth is called "The Year in Review." Since I liked these books so much, I bought the first one to send in a care package to a friend who has gone through a trying year so far, due to circumstances beyond her control. I think it would be good to be able to look back a year from now and see how far she has come and changed while getting through their daily life now. I can't wait to send the care package. I am still waiting for Brad to send something and for a couple of things to come for the kids.

Brad got to talk to his friend Corey yesterday. He was so excited and happy when I talked to him. It makes me happy to hear Brad happy. I also got an email saying NO MORE PACKAGES TO BRAD AFTER AUGUST 31! This is making it even more real that this is soon coming to an end. I have a ton to do! Oh well, what doesn't get done isn't a big deal. The big deal is that Brad will be home safe. I better get to doing some of my work. I have totes of the girls' too small clothes to take to the shed and and a bed to put together. We got the new mattress yesterday and the girls think it is a fun slide. Ugh I need to get that put where it goes.

Take care of you Bradley! We love and miss you tons!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Seems that everything happens when they're not around. At least it's nearing it's end. That's wonderful! I hope you're able to get the dryer fixed. You're in my prayers.

Charla said...

Awww, how exciting to know that Brad will be home soon! I bet you're about to go crazy with anticipation! :)

How is Brad's friend Corey doing? Better I hope! I'm glad he gets to talk to him. I'm sure it helps to keep both their spirits up!

Take Care girl! I'll try to stop by more often! This crazy work schedule I'm on has been cutting deeply into my computer time! LOL

Charla

Courtney said...

Deployment gremins LOL! I sooo know how that goes. Never heard it put that way. That's cute. It sucks but cute.
Anyway, I'm so glad Brad is coming home soon. I'm so happy for you. It seems like all of our guys are coming home right after the other. Yay!!! We are gonna make it after all huh???
Court ♥

Call Me Grandma said...

No more packages, that sounds like it is really coming to an end.

I feel your excitement!