There is a tentative come home date! Well leave Iraq date anyway. There will be some demob stuff at FT Dix once they get back to the states, but who cares! What is important is they will be leaving the dangerous place. We are very excited! It is like we can see the light at the end of the tunnel finally. Sometimes it is hard to believe Brad has been gone a year already, then other times I think of how hard it has been to get to this point.
It also looks like he will be home in time for the trip to Las Vegas! Good deal! We were worried that he wouldn't be home in time, as the tickets are bought and paid for. Now to get past my fear of flying...
The girls were able to see and talk to Brad yesterday, which is good, as Brooke hasn't cried about him getting hurt since she saw him. I was talking to him online last night while the girls were sleeping, we were trying to order some school clothes and just fall and winter stuff off of Gymboree for the girls. I love that place! It is pretty bad that Brad is as hooked on Gymbo as I am now. It is nice that we can talk on msn messenger and throw links back and forth to pick out stuff together. It helps to have his input on the stuff I buy. Not to mention he can't say much about how much I spend if he is helping! ;) As we were talking there was people fixing his room, lights and then the holes in the walls. It was so loud when they were pounding on the walls! Brad is feeling ok, the main part is how hard it is to get past the whole mental thing with having been through this in his room. He was able to sleep finally last night, so I am sure that helped a lot more than he ever thought it would have. Did I mention I can't wait to have this over?
Thursday, July 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. I keep hoping for a date but I sometimes think Steve knows, but just won't tell me in case it changes. Hopefully we'll hear soon though! I'm so glad the girls got to talk to him. I'm sure that helped them a lot, and you! :) Take care and keep us posted!!!
Charla
That's great news, congratulations! I hope that he's home in time for the trip. I'm glad the girls got to talk to him and see that he really is alright. I hope the rest of the time flies by for you.
Post a Comment