Saturday, July 29, 2006

Waiting is the Worst

I have heard from Brad a couple of times, as he was able to give me a quick call. He thought he would be able to talk to me tonight. Hours ago. I hope all is well. I know things change so quickly and that the internet could be down again, that wouldn't be much of a surprise anyway with how it has been lately. I try to think positive. Hey, it is all I can do, or I will go crazy.

I also can't wait until Brad calls to be able to tell him so great news about his friend Corey. Today Corey started talking! He was hurt in Iraq almost 8 months ago now. It gave me goosebumps reading what Jen, his wife, wrote in their journal online. Definately a great day for them! Way to go Corey! I bet Jen is so excited it is hard for her to get to sleep tonight. I cannot express how excited I am for them! I know Brad will be very excited and proud of Corey! I remember when we visited Corey and Jen when Brad was on his 2 week leave. Feb 1, if I remember correctly. I can still see how Brad held Corey's hand, hear every word he said to him. I also remember how Jen looked at Corey, all love. When Brad went back to Iraq after his leave, I know it was harder for him to adjust than when he first got to Iraq last October. He had a lot more to think about. He hated leaving us. He hated leaving Corey when he was hurt, he felt so helpless. It is hard to see your friend of many years hurt. We have talked about Corey everyday, I give him the updates that Jenny posts and I think that helps Brad a lot, especially now that Corey is somewhere that wants to help him. Now Brad talks about getting back and how he can't wait to see Corey. The other day I was going through some pictures and came across a few pictures of Brad and Corey in High School and when they were at basic training together. (They joined the National Guard together.) They looked so young and both had smiles on their faces. Almost makes me wonder what they were up to. :) Corey and Jen have been through so much these last 8 months, I cannot even imagine. Now that Corey is in this great place, the good news seems to keep coming, more and more each day. Jenny, I hope you have more up days than down and you have done a great job fighting for Corey's needs! Way to go Corey, I can't wait to see what you do next! You are Awesome!

Hopefully I hear from Brad soon. Take care of you always Bradley! We love you tons!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Thank you Monica for the bday wishes! I know how hard it is to not hear from them & 1 million things run through your head. It's torture it really is but I'm sure you'll hear from him soon! Then you'll find the next thing to worry about right?!?! That's what us wives do!

Take Care,
Courtney

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Pensacola sleep center waterbeds