Monday, June 26, 2006

Little Miss Bossy

Our two year old, Grace, has been quite funny today. We went to Walmart this morning after Brooke's tennis lessons, to get some stuff we needed and stuff to send to Brad. Grace is still sitting in the cart, and seems quite happy there, so why change a good thing? Brooke walked away from the cart to look at something. I wish I could fit her in the cart still! Grace yells "BROOKE, you no need that!" with as much sincerity a two year old can have. I was laughing, because it was so funny. Brooke then came back to the cart and walked along with us. Thank you Gracie!

The second funny thing that Grace did today was when we were leaving swimming lessons. We give my friend's son a ride to swimming lessons and back to daycare everyday. The kids are all buckled into the back seat and my friend's son is sucking his thumb for some reason, but Grace is yelling at him, so I glance back to see what is going on and she is yelling "Get your fingers out of your mouth!" I was trying hard not to laugh, as it was so funny. Hard to picture my two year old telling kids older than her how to behave.

This child sure keeps me on my toes. She seems so advanced with her vocabulary, well just about everything. One of our favorite things to have Grace say is apple pie. It is so cute! She started saying that when Brad was home on leave in Jan/Feb. In fact everytime Brad talks to Grace he has her say apple pic. Last week I heard her say barbeque, and it is now my favorite word to hear her say. Tonight she said applesauce. Will have to have her say that for daddy too! I compare how my girls have grown and hit milestones often. Just a curiosity thing for me I guess. I am sure a lot of the credit goes to having an older sister. Brooke is always teaching her sister to count and say her abc's. With the good also comes the bad though, as she also learns to be naughty. What really sucks is when they work together to do something they shouldn't be doing. I know this is just the beginning too. I will take it all, these girls are what is helping me get through this deployment. I can't wait to be a family again...together in one place!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How adorable! My sister is 7 years younger than me, and it seems like she's knows so much more than I did at her age. I guess that's what happens when you have older siblings.

kbug said...

Having young children at home when you're having to deal with your husband being deployed has to be hard...but it must also be a blessing. They have a way of being such a great distraction...and distractions are just what we all need when we're missing our soldiers. It sounds like you're doing well, though...and part of that is due to your girls...... :)