Sunday, May 21, 2006

Another big choice to make



This pic was taken at the activation ceremony before Brad left for training and then on to Baghdad. It was on the front page of the local newspapers. I see how strong Brad is, but yet I see some fear and worry. We have a little over four months until Brad is home from this deployment. We are counting each and every day here, that is for sure! I cannot wait to have him home. Which leads me to the big question of the month for us. Brad's 2nd enlistment will be up in March of 07 I do believe. He can re-up anytime now. They do ask him often if he is going to re-up. The bonus is ok right now, and they say it will be going down after May. Not to mention the no tax perk of signing while in Iraq. With everything that has happened to our unit during this deployment, it is hard to have no reservations about signing another contract. When it comes down to it, sure the money is nice, but it really isn't much at all compared to what we as a family have sacrificed just this last year. The holidays Brad has missed, to Brooke's concerts at school. I know this is so hard on Brad too. The funny thing about all of this is that the whole reason why Brad signed up to begin with is to go to school and have help paying for it. Well Life happens, and here we are talking to each other over the internet. So one of the main reasons Brad wants to re-up is so he can go to school and provide for his family. We have also discussed that the military is a huge part of who Brad is. We both know that he will miss it, may not be the first month or two out... but he will miss it. Brad's unit really is like family. I like how I fell that I fit in. They have been there for Brad several times when he has needed them. Did I mention with the new ACU... I donot have to iron them? That is difinately a plus! The part B. of this question is for how long... 3 or 6 years. I would really like to see Brad put in the full 20 years, he is nearly half way there now. I wish there was all of a sudden a no overseas deployment clause of some sort... wishful thinking I guess. I love Brad and always will. I am proud to be his wife, as I know not everyone can do what he is doing right now, I know I wouldn't be able to. I will support whatever he decides. I think he has decided to re-up, so right now he is just working on how long. I pray for the guidance we need to make these hard choices in front of us. I feel like I am just rambling on, but I am hoping that by rambling to myself, I will see the answer to guide Brad to. I know that the question in the end, is all his to answer, but we both need to be together on the process. I wish I had a crystal ball and could see what the future holds for this world. All that I ask now is to bring my soldier home safe. Take care of you Bradley!

No comments: