Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Dang Internet in Iraq

Brad was online this morning after I took Brooke to school. We got to talk for about a whole 2 minutes and the internet must have went down again. I am thankful he has the internet in his room, it makes it possible for us to talk everyday, well unless it is like it has been the last couple of days. I miss him so much, I just wish I could have more than 2 minutes. I know, selfish, at least I know he is ok. It is so cold outside, the door Brooke uses to get into her car seat was froze shut, really froze shut. It wouldn't even unlock. So she was happy that she got to sit in the front seat. I think she was even happier to have to drag along her snow pants and boots to school today. We are supposed to get more snow later today. I will have to take some pictures of the 6-7 foot drift outside the house. Brad's brothers came over to shovel the snow for us, that was nice of them, as I would have waited until it melted. Well probably not, but it would have taken forever to scoop all that snow. The girls are wearing their "My dad is over there" T shirts Brad sent home for them. Brooke's teachers were loving the shirt. Brooke proudly says, "my daddy is in Iraq and he is a soldier." Makes tears come to my eyes. She is so proud of him and seems like she understands somewhat, but yet asks me at least three times a day if her daddy can come home for just a few minutes. As I begin to explain that daddy cannot come home she interrupts me and says "I know mommy, daddy is in Irakkk."

No comments: