Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It has been forever, hopefully I can keep up with this more now. Everything has been crazy busy around here. We had been preparing for another deployment and trying to prepare the kids for that as well. We have found out recently that Brad will not be deploying with his unit this time, but will instead be staying home and being a rear-D person here at home at the armory. How do you write that the correct way anyway? Brad is upset, I am supporting him the best way I can. I am secretly relieved though. No all night long worry sessions because I wasn't able to talk to him when he said he would be online. No being stuck to the house for hours at a time waiting to hear from him. I feel bad because he isn't supporting his unit the way he would like, but I keep telling him at least he will still be involved. I am sure with time he will feel better about it.

The kids are growing too quickly, as usual. Jacob is 16 months old and not only can he reach doorknobs, but he can open them. What fun this is for us. He is talking so much as well. We can have conversations with him already, well toddler conversations. It just throws me on how well he is doing. I have heard that boys are slower, but he is definitely not slowing down. Brooke is doing great in school, and her teacher had nothing but good to say about her at conferences. That makes us very happy. She is reading to us every night and amazes me at how well she can figure out new words on her own. Grace is doing great in pre-school as well. She is having a great time and learning many new things. What else could we ask for. It is nearly Thanksgiving, and I have been thinking about what I am thankful for. My life seems to be great right now, and very busy. Everyone is healthy and happy, which is all I can really ask for.

Miss Adrienne is going through radiation treatments and chemo. The dear child has been feeling so tired and sick off and on. The good news is that if her counts stay good, she will enter maintenance in December. It has been a very long year for them, so I hope and pray all goes like it should.

I will try to catch up with everyone soon. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Call Me Grandma said...

I am glad to hear Brad is staying behind. Deployments are no fun at all. Glad everyone is doing well.
Have a Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

I hope everything is still going well for you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your hubby can stay home on rear d. I know it may be hard for him, but I know it will be a blessing for all of you. Having gone through deployments ourselves I know...It never gets any easier