I think, maybe, just maybe Spring is here. It is supposed to be a great weekend, weather wise. Which seems to always happen on guard weekends. Oh, well, it will be a good weekend for Brad then if he is outside. This weekend, or should I say Saturday is quite a crazy day. I am sure there will be a lot of emotions flowing, hopefully I will be too busy to dwell on the bad stuff. We have a family thing at the Armory at noon. The kids are going to eat with Brad and then we are having our Easter get together late for the kids. Better late than never I guess. Saturday is Adrienne's 5th Birthday. She just got out of the hospital again yesterday after being in for 18 days this time. I would like to bring a little party to her, we will have to see if my kids are still 100% healthy by then. It is sad, as she can't have a birthday party with her friends from preschool. Adrienne has no way to fight anything off germ wise, so they have to be very careful. It is also my sister's husband's birthday Saturday. A friend of ours, who is also in guards with Brad, lost his grandmother this last week and her funeral is Saturday. Saturday is also the anniversary of my grandma's passing. I miss her so much. She is the only grandparent I have memories of, as she was the only one I had for a very long time. We also shared our birthday. I love all the memories I have of her. I can still smell her bathroom. That certain grandma lotion/shampoo smell. I remember calling her to pick me up when I would be sick at school, she would tell me to watch for her, as she would wait for me in the car as she would be in her bathrobe. Makes me smile, as I can even remember the cereal she would have, as well as my favorite orange cups I used for the orange juice she always had. She would always make me soup, and mix two different kinds of Campbells soup. We would eat in the living room while we watched her soaps. It all brings tears to my eyes, as I miss her so much. It also makes me glad my girls are close to my mom.
I need to get some stuff done while Jacob naps. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Friday, April 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
My heart goes out to Adrienne.
What a nice post about your Grandma.
I like that. I hope Gabby and Noah will have fond memories of me someday.
Happy Birthday to all.
Just wanted you to know that I tagged you for a questionaire on my blog.
I hope that Saturday was ok for you. Thank you for sharing the memories of your Grandma.
Post a Comment