Saturday, October 07, 2006

My 100th Post!

Kind of wild how the magic number sneaks up on you! I will do a 100 things about me post in true blogger fashion, but it will be a post or two late.

I just thought I would do a quick, I am still here post. The kids and I have been enjoying our time with Brad, and seem to be very busy. I am sure it will settle down soon. Brad and I went out last night with some friends, it was a great time. It is nice to see how much Brad's friends missed him and want to spend time with him since he is back. Marty and his girlfriend and Dan and his wife invited us to go out with them. They have all made plans to go golfing and what not that they enjoyed doing before Brad had to leave. It is nice to feel like I "belong" within Brad's friends. Hard to exlain, but I kept in contact with Marty the whole time Brad was gone since he lived here in the town we live in. Dan emailed a couple of times and we went out for dinner with Dan and his then fiance while Brad was on leave months ago. Last night Dan and I had a good talk about life and what is given to us, and what the future holds. Dan and Marty really want Brad to transfer to their guard unit, as they are in a different one than Brad. I don't know what Brad wants to do at this point, but I know it is great that these boys all want to keep in touch and be close. I do know that throughout this deployment the guys in Brad's unit all got very close, so time will tell. It is homecoming at the college here this weekend. Today Brad and I took the girls to the homecoming parade. It was so nice to do this as a family, I almost forgot what it was like to have Brad home. It is almost like it is a dream. I am very happy to have my Bradley home!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That sounds so nice! It's so wonderful that he's home and that you're able to do family things all together.

Also, congratulations on the 100 posts!

Call Me Grandma said...

I am so happy that it sounds like your life is getting back to normal.
I just want to throw something out there for Brad to think about. If he would go to another guard unit he might want to make sure they are not going to be deployed anytime soon.
I have a girlfriend whose daughter is in the reserves. She went to Iraq for a year and then when she came home for some strange reason she switched her reserve unit. Guess what they have not been to Iraq. This unit is starting to hear rumors about deployment. Her mom is fit to be tied and so is this young lady.

Charla said...

Hey girl, I'm so happy for you and brad. I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now. :) Take care and enjoy your time with your family, which I'm sure you are anyway!!! :)

Love ya,
Charla