Monday, September 11, 2006

Did someone say replacements?

Yippee! The replacements have arrived. I can't help but feel sad for them and thier families. When I look back and think of how this all began for us, all the feelings and fears. Many of which are still here with us everyday. I know I will be praying for thier safety as well. Sometimes I think about what it will be like to not have to worry about Brad's safety. I think I will possibly be able to sleep like a "normal" person again. No more 3-5am bedtime, I can't wait to sleep and feel safe again! I won't be chained to the computer waiting for any sign that Brad is ok and "safe." No where is actually safe when you are over there, this we have found out first hand. No more being a single parent! I can't wait to pick up Brad's clothes off the floor again. Ok, maybe for the first few weeks anyway. I can't wait to be able to smell his pillow and know he slept at home, safe. I can't wait to hear the girls yelling "daddy" instead of them telling me how much they miss him and that they pray for him to come home soon and be safe.

Brooke's birthday is coming up soon, October 12th, she will be 5, and her daddy should be home for her birthday party this year. Holidays, with Brad home, nothing could be better!

Brooke had a soccer game this last Saturday. How fun, but she got her first sport related injury. She and a little boy from the other team hit heads, while running. Oh my, I saw that little boy fly, but didn't see who he connected with. I heard Brooke start to cry, I knew for sure then! She had an instant bruise and it sure did swell up. Now she has a large bump almost in the middle of her forhead that is purple. She did ok though, luckily it was at the end of the game! We need to run to soccer practice.
We love you Bradley! Won't be long and you will be home! Take care of you!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That's so wonderful! I can't wait until the replacements get there for our guys. Of course it's sad for the other people, but you can't help but feel elated when you know yours is coming home. Oct 12 is Eric and mine's anniversary too, lol. I hope the time flies until he's home with you.

Courtney said...

Yay! It's not long girl. I can't wait for all those things too. It's funny how much you miss those little things huh?
Poor Brooke I hope that bump goes away soon. Of course as you & I know another bump will soon replace it. LOL!

kbug said...

That will be so great...for Brad to be home for Brooke's birthday party. I'm so excited for you and the girls...and I can't wait till my soldier gets home this fall. Take care..... :)

Call Me Grandma said...

IT won't be long. I know how you feel about the replacements.
Dan, over at Emily & Dan's blog, were just starting there journey in the sand when my Dan was coming home and my heart had a little sad part in it for them. I hated the thought that troops were still being sent there.
You almost feel guilty that your hell is ending, but somebody elses has to begin for yours to end.
Prayers for Bradleys safe return going out your way.