Today was our first reunion/reintegration Family Readiness meeting. They told us about different signs to watch out for in order to help see the PTSD. They also gave us lots of other pointers with how they guys will act when they get back. It is all good to know. Next month they will talk about it some more as well as Tricare and that kind of stuff too. I am so happy this is soon coming to an end. They did tell us that they would run through the phone tree once the guys got back in the states, no matter what time it is. That is great, but for some reason I am betting Brad will have already called me to let me know. Gotta love cell phones!
I got back to my mom's house after the meeting just in time to eat supper and then I met Ashly at the movie theater to see World Trade Center. Sad, but very powerful movie. I cannot even imagine what those families went through. (Ashly is also a military wife... her husband is one of Brad's friends, and is in his unit too.) After the movie, I went to mom's to pick up the girls and it was bedtime. Once I got everything settled with them, Brad got online early. All in all it has been a pretty good day. A lot better than yesterday! Tomorrow I need to get stuff done around the house. I am running out of time. Yippee! I can't wait until you are home Bradley! Take care of you, we all love you lots!
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that you had a better day! I can't wait until this is over either. I pray that you have a good week!
Sounds like a pretty good day to me & glad you had it:)
Big hugs,
Court
Sounds great. I loved preparing for the homecoming.
Prayers going out to you and yours.
And the meetings begin...that's definitely a good sign. It means that his return is imminent. I guess FRG redeployment meetings will begin in a couple months for Katie, too. I know she's ready for them...and I don't think you can learn too much about how the guys will be when they return. They will need their families, but they will also need their space...and that's hard to explain to someone. Well, I'm counting the days with you...hang tough..... :)
Post a Comment