Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Something Unexpected Today

Where Brad works when he isn't doing this Military thing... they are sooo good to us. Today I got the mail, and saw there was a letter from them. I opened it and started crying. The girls were asking what was wrong, and I told them nothing was wrong, that it was happy tears. Nothing touches you more than the unexpected kindness from others. Brad's work put on a fundraiser golf tournament for its employees, like they do each year. Well they split the proceeds between Brad and Corey. Corey also worked there and is Brad's best friend. This is not the only thing they have done for us, as they have been very supportive of Brad, myself and the girls since Brad has been gone in Iraq. They have gven us phone cards, gift cards to grocery stores, as well as pay Brad the difference every month of his Army pay and what he would make while working there. How many places would ever think of doing that? Not many I do not think. They have gone over and above what anyone would have expected. Right before Christmas this last year, they called and said they had a few Christmas gifts for the girls. I picked them up and I couldn't express how nice they were and how thankful we are that they are so supportive of Brad and his family. The girls had a very good Christmas and will proudly tell anyone that daddy's work bought them those things. The letter they sent me was very nice too, that will go in the scrapbook for this year.

Off to try to sleep again. Take care of you Bradley! I love and miss you tons!

5 comments:

Call Me Grandma said...

What a great story. I am going to share this story of kindness. I'm going to link to it.

Charla said...

Awww, that's so nice! It's great to hear that there are still jobs who appreciate their employees, even when he's not there right now! That's great!

Charla

Michelle said...

That is so sweet! It's rare to find a place of business that cares so much about it's employees and their families. That is so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.