Yesterday my cell phone rings and it is a local number I do not know. I answered it and a little girl is trying to ask me something, I asked her to repeat what she said and I got "Is Brooke there?" I was kind of lost for a second, as this is the first call she has received besides from my family or her daddy. I told this little girl that no. Brooke was still at school. She told me her name and said she would try back. Grace and I were on our way to go pick Brooke up and I kept thinking about this phone call. I wonder what 4 year old girls would talk about? I was telling Brad this story and he says "Oh no, it is starting already!" I was like starting already? Can we stop this? Our baby is growing up to fast! Where did the time go? I love that she has friends, in fact she seems to be quite popular. When I drop her off at school all the little girls come running up to her saying "Brooke!" or "Brooke is here now!" There is girls all around her, giving hugs and all talking at once to her. The look on Brooke's face is all happiness, I like to see that and hear about all her friends.
We have started going on bike rides. I pull Grace in the trailer and Brooke rides her bike. It took a couple of rides to get her going fast enough to keep up with me pedaling slow. We live on a dead end street at the dead end, and so Brooke and Grace often ride their bikes in circles in front of the house. So for Brooke to get this speed thing going, it took a ride or two. We got back from our bike ride a couple of days ago and I was going to water the tomatoes and flowers while the girls rode their bikes in front of the house. Brooke told me she was going to go down the street a bit, and I told her no, she better not. She looks at me and says "don't worry mom, I will be ok." She came right back and was sure to tell me that she was still fine. I am starting to see little things like this that are showing me more and more that she is growing up. It was fun to watch her hit all her milestones as she grew from the newborn we took home to the toddler that was into everything. This independance and maturing that she is showing is not so fun to watch. I guess we should be happy that she still doesn't like boys!
Brad is on a mission for a few days, so I do not know exactly when I will be able to talk to him. I am so used to talking everyday, so this is going to be hard. Be safe and take care of you Bradley! Did I mention I can't wait for this to be done?
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I don't have any kids yet, but I'm sure it is hard to watch her grow up and start to show her independence. My sister is 7 years younger than me, so I have the same feelings watching her as she grows up. She's almost 16 and I can't stand the thought of her going out with the boys. I hope the days go by quickly and your DH is able to make contact soon. You'll be in my prayers.
I can't wait until our little girl is born.
Girls seem like so much fun.
Post a Comment