Today is a day that I just feel stressed about everything. Back in December when our unit experienced its first losses, Brad's best friend Corey was injured. He has TBI. (Tramatic Brain Injuries) When this first happened, Corey's outlook was not good at all. He has now improved quite a bit and is even communicating by writing. He is in a VA hospital needing therapy that his wife and mother have to fight for. Why is this happening? The VA hospital doesn't think that Corey will improve anymore. The funny thing is that they have said that since he arrived there. Someone isn't paying attention I do not think. I cannot even imagine what his family is feeling as it leaves me frusterated, just thinking that there is nothing I can do. Well tonight I did the only thing I could think of doing. I emailed ALL of our state reps and our Governor. This is the first time I have ever felt that I needed to do this. I just hope it helps. I am going to email Jenny and see if there is anything else I can do.
Brad had a good day today, so that makes me happy. I mailed off a care package for him and picked up a package he sent home. The girls LOVE when daddy sends them things home. They sleep with the cards and pictures and today Grace slept with the book daddy sent her. I love sending Brad packages. I really want to try to make him happy, or give him a little bit of happiness over there. I really miss our family. It is sad to have to tell Brad every little thing the girls say or do. I wish he was home to experience it with me. To help me too. :) Soon. I need some sleep, hopefully tonight I can find the sandman.
Friday, April 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thank you much for the ideas! I will pass them on to Corey's wife.
Post a Comment